Monday, February 8, 2016

February 8, 2016

Well this is weird that I only have a few more of these... But everything is going so well!! I'm so glad I'm in Richmond Hill for my last transfer with Sister Davis! So many great things are happening here! 

3 GENERATION LESSON: We've been teaching Nino for a while now and he's doing great! His less-active parents are there at every lesson which is perfect. They've totally been progressing too! And this last week his two YSA kids joined the lesson! It was so awesome. We were teaching all 5 of them and we had a super solid member that was with us. It was cool sharing how the Gospel has blessed my family and promising that it can do the same for them! :) Nino is coming to church next Sunday for the first time! We're SO EXCITED! And he's been reading and praying like a champ! 

EXCHANGES: It was so fun to go on exchanges again! A little different not being the STL but still so awesome! I went with Sister Jenson and I seriously learned so much from her! We dropped by a referral and knocked on the door. She was totally home but wasn't answering the door. BOO. I hate that. But we worked in the area and met Georgia who is so cool!! She's such a strong Christian and invited us in right away! We talked to her for about 15 mins and set up a return appointment. Just the whole situation helped me to understand that sometimes we get a referral because we need to meet someone in that area! God is truly preparing his people all over! I'm excited to meet with her again this week! 

ZONE COUNCIL: Well, it was my last one of my mission so that was sad. I LOVE MISSIONARY MEETINGS SO MUCH! Our zone leaders are awesome and we all had great discussions and learned a lot from one another. We talked about teaching people and not lessons and how important that is! :) We also discussed what the culture of our mission has been and what we want it to be. These are what they are that we are working towards!
In the Canada Toronto Mission we
1. are consecrated disciples of Jesus Christ.
2. are a Preach My Gospel mission.
3. teach repentance and baptize converts. 
YAY! THE CTM IS THE BEST MISSION IN THE WORLD. 

FOOD: HA. I'm embarrassed that I have a section about food, but oh well. This last week we had food from Chile, El Salvador, Guyana, Laos, and China. Cool, right? I love how diverse this ward is! Hey, David, Chris and Kevin there are lots of people from Russia and I'm trying to learn a couple of phrases but it's SO HARD! I'll keep practicing and you can correct me when I get home. 

TEA: So I have a confession... I've never had tea before. Like, herbal tea that's allowed... Well one member from Wales really wanted to make some for us so we let her. She gave it to us and it was SO HOTT!! I was freezing and really wanted to drink some but I couldn't because it was so hot. I was blowing on it then I started moving my hand in circular motion to move the tea a little bit... Well that was a mistake. I totally spilled on my hand AND IT WAS SO HOTT! Totally hurt. And when it hit my hand I reacted to it and turned my hand the other way which was bad because my cup tipped over and I got tea all over my shirt and counter and floor...BAHAHA It was actually hilarious! When it finally cooled down I had what was left and it wasn't even good. Like, it was gross. So yeah, I don't like tea and I don't think I'll ever have it again. 

AMAZING STORY: We were with an amazing active couple from our ward and they told some cool stories. Well one of them made me cry so I want to write about it! Sister Hernandez got baptized in Guatemala a while ago! She LOVED her missionaries and kept of picture of them up in her house for decades. Because social media wasn't quite the same then, they lost touch. Well a few years ago there was a missionary that came into the Richmond Hill ward that had the same last name of one of her missionaries. She went up to him and asked if he by chance was related to her missionary. AND HE WAS!! That was her missionaries son!! Sister Hernandez started bawling and told this boy how much she loved him and how much her life has changed because of him. When she asked how he was doing the missionary told her that he had passed away a few years before in an accident!! AHH - that's when I started crying... But he was so grateful that he met one of his dad's converts from his mission!! OH MY GOSH, isn't that the coolest!? So not going to lie, I've wished that something like that would happen my whole mission! Becky was amazing and gave me a sheet with names of people that Dad had worked with. I've carried it around and asked members and missionaries if they've known anyone on there but sadly no one has... But it was weird when I heard that story I was so happy for that missionary that he had that experience and I wasn't sad for me anymore... We can totally meet all his converts in the next life, right? So it's OK. But I really am so glad I've been able to serve in his mission!! I know he's with me, that's for sure! :)

Well, I love you all a lot and I'm way glad I have the coolest family in the world! Stay strong! And I'll see you in a few!

Sister Dayton 

No comments:

Post a Comment