Tuesday, February 16, 2016

February 16, 2016



HELLO!! This last week was super awesome! Like all weeks here in the CTM. I have been so blessed to have such an amazing mission! Seriously, I don't know how I got put with the best companions, in the best wards, with the BEST President and wife. I'VE BEEN SO BLESSED! I totally have mixed feelings about going home. It is definitely coming up. The good news is so many cool things are happening in our area I get distracted and never really think about home. But then people ask, "So how long have you been on your mission." "Uh... Like, 18 months." 

MAKING MISSIONARY WORK FUN: Sister Davis and I had been tracting for a while and we had been rejected multiple times in a row... We were feeling a little down so it was time for a challenge. It was super snowy and we passed a cool park. I challenged her to run up the slide and if she made it to the top I would buy her hot chocolate. So she did it. Well the slide was super slippery! She took like two steps and her foot flew up and she landed on her back so hard! BAHAHAHA! Τhe good news is she's OK. The REALLY good news is that I have that on video!!! 

ZOLTON: So he has a super cool name. And he's cooler than his name! He's from Hungary and is 94!!! BAHAHA Our lessons are hilarious because we are yelling the whole time. And every time we show up for our appointments he goes, "I wasn't expecting you today." Ha. Uh... We called yesterday to confirm. He's very active in the Catholic church but is very curious about the Restoration and has been reading out of the Book of Mormon lots! 

PART MEMBER FAMILIES: So many of our investigators right now are referrals from members!! We are teaching returning members husband! And a returning members son! And an active members daughter! I love it because they have so much support and encouragement! And as missionaries we're able to kill 2 birds with one stone! We help people become active and help people work towards baptism at the same time! YAHOO! 

FHE: We put together a family home evening for our investigators, new converts, returning members and active members who don't have family around and it was such a blast! We shared a brief message then we played mafia! Everyone was so confused at how to play and I couldn't stop laughing. We had a narrator that was like, "Ok mafia open your eyes... Now close your eyes." I was like, "UH... the mafia needs to pick someone to kill!" BAHAHA. We had some older people there. And some people that don't speak English super well. It was so fun though! 

EXCHANGES: I went on an exchange with Sister Chelson!! I trained her like, 6 transfers ago. She's so AMAZING! And we had a blast. She is serving in the Toronto downtown area so I was there for a day! AHHH - it was so fun to be there again. I love the city so much! We would get on a bus and literally talk to every single person on the bus! It was awesome. We accidentally stayed up past 1 AM just talking. We had to catch up. It had been so long!! 

CREEPER OF THE WEEK: On exchanges we had talked to lots of people on the buses, right? And I smile and I'm friendly and I think some people just take it the wrong way... Sister Chelson read the text and just started laughing so hard then asked if I wanted to hear a funny text. I'll just type up the text because it is the FUNNIEST. "Hi, Dayton. This morning I met you in the bus, I like you, you are soft & nice woman, your behavior is decent, I love Jesus Christ. Pleas reply. Islam." BAHAHAHA. Oh by the way he was like 50... Cool.
GEORGIA: She's our new investigator and she's amazing! We had the first lesson with her and was so receptive! She talks a ton and had questions and comments about everything. Cool! We like participation! She also gave us apples and caramel and guess what the caramel had 0 calories!? WHAT? 

NINO: He's still doing awesome! We meet with him like 2-3 times a week and he's getting through the Book of Mormon! He is working towards being baptised at the end of March!! The ward has done such a great job at fellowshipping him in! We have one member specifically who is awesome and just being such a great friend to Nino! They talk and meet up without us. Cool! 

SPIRITUAL: I seriously love being a missionary so much! I love talking to strangers everyday about the beautiful message of the Restoration! I'm so excited to come home and continue to be a missionary and to continue to strengthen my testimony and knowledge of the Gospel!! I know that this is Christ's true Church on earth!! We are so blessed to be a part of it! I'm totally obsessed with the Book of Mormon. It's my favorite book! I know it's true! There is so much power in it! I also know that prayer is real. I love praying. I pray all the time, and it's the best! I always say my night prayers on my knees but even after I end them I just pray in my bed until I fall asleep! And I know he's listening! It's the best! I also know that I have the best family in the world! HAHA. You guys are amazing and I can't wait to see you!! It's came up so fast, I can't even believe it. 

LOVE YOU ALL!!

Sister Dayton 


Happy Valentines Day!! Ha... A little late. 
 I still love jumping pictures. 
Bunz for dayz. 

No comments:

Post a Comment