Monday, February 22, 2016

February 22, 2016

Hey family!! So, I don't know about you but I'm totally freaking out!!! Like, I'm coming home in two days and I get to see/talk to you all then! AHHHHH!! I still just can't even believe it. The last few days have just been so weird. I've been packing and saying bye to everyone and I had my departing interview with President Clayton yesterday! I totally have mixed feelings. There were lessons that we have this week that were so powerful and when I was walking out, I was just so sad that those experiences are coming to an end. I was totally sad when I thought about how I would be released as a full time missionary so soon. BUT then I would think about all of you!!! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL!! :) Then I would feel so excited and ready to go home! My emotions have just been up and down all week. It's been... fun. Ha. 

DEPARTING INTERVIEW: So yeah, that happened yesterday and it was fabulous!!! I have so much love for the Claytons and will totally cry when I say bye to them!! It was nice being able to spend like 30 mins with President Clayton by myself. I felt so special! :) I brought "My Plan" and we talked about the future. It was a super spiritual and motivating conversation! I'm grateful that I did "My Plan" - I feel like I have more direction now so I'll be more prepared to go home! President just helped me to understand that I will always be a missionary. My purpose never changes! I will always be inviting other people to come closer to Christ! I'll invite my future husband, and kids, and ward members, and friends, and neighbors ALL to come closer to Christ! And I get to do that for the rest of my life! YAHOO! Well he said a closing prayer at the end of the interview and I totally lost it. Ha. I think I had mascara on my face because when President opened his eyes he started laughing. HAHAHA Cool! 

I'll just write a couple things!
-It has been freezing here! Like it hit -38 degrees Celsius with windchill. My nose hairs froze. Not cool.
-I biffed it SO hard on ice. Super cool! It was actually hilarious because we got home and I was bringing in lots of stuff from the car. So one foot slipped but then I tried to catch it with the next foot but that slipped to... I was kind of dancing the jerk on ice... Then I was in mid air for a sec before I landed hard on my bum! BAHAHA then I couldn't get up and everything was everywhere... And I was laughing so hard I couldn't function... Yeah. It was super happy! :) I love falls! 
-We did service this last week at a food bank and we gave everyone we helped a mormon.org card. Well one guy we talked to was from Guyana and was baptized there like 10 years ago!! :) So we talked to him for a little bit and invited him to church! HE CAME YESTERDAY! For all 3 hours and stayed for munch and mingle. AND he came to the fireside that President and Sister Clayton were speaking at! SO HAPPY!!! 
-A couple that we've been working with this whole transfer FINALLY CAME TO CHURCH! When they walked in I was SO happy and couldn't stop smiling! 
-We hosted an FHE and it turned out so well! We have a potential investigator there, and like 5 less active members then lots of members. We played 2 truths and a lie and it was HILARIOUS!! Most of the people are way old so they would get a little confused sometimes, but man - we all had a blast! One of the truths from a member was that he had 100 chinchillas living in his basement! BAHAHAHAHA. I was praying that it was a lie but unfortunately it was a truth. I couldn't stop laughing. Even writing this I'm laughing. The good news is I recorded him telling the whole story! It's hard to hear because my laugh is so darn loud but whatever. 
-We found 5 new investigators this week! I think I was scared to go home so we worked extra hard. HA! All of them are super solid and super prepared so next transfer Richmond Hill will have like 10 baptisms! NBD :) 
-We're going to an aquarium downtown today! :) And I get to go to the temple tomorrow! BLESSINGS! :)
-Elder Womack, one of my zone leaders, gave me a blessing after district meeting. I was just feeling a little overwhelmed and wow - it brought me so much peace. He gave such a beautiful blessing!! I'll just write about a couple of things that really stood out to me. He blessed me with the gift of remembrance. That I'll be able to remember the feelings and experiences that I've had on my mission. He also blessed me that I would continue to understand my purpose when I got home. I so needed to hear that! It was just a great blessing and my testimony of Heavenly Fathers love for me increased more! He knows us so well and he cares so much about us! :) I am so grateful that the priesthood has been restored and I'm grateful for the men in my life that live worthy of that!! 

Well, I was going to write a short last email... My bad! Ha. But I love you all so much and I'm so excited to see you!! 

Thank you for all your examples you've been for me and the support you've given me while I've been out. I couldn't have done it without all of you. :) My mission has changed my life but I know I'm able to continue to change and progress when I go home! #membermissionaryforlife. :)

Love,

Sister Dayton 

No comments:

Post a Comment