Monday, January 18, 2016

January 18, 2016

OH MAN! Family, this week has been great!! 

PINK-WASHING: So I guess if Sisters are replacing Elders is called a pink-wash. Well that's what happened.
Tuesday afternoon was quite the shock...

We wanted to make calls to everyone in the ward council but we didn't have a list of that anywhere so we just started calling people from the ward directory. One of the first people we called said that she had requested to have her name removed from the record.... So I was way overwhelmed and stressed but when she said that I totally started crying!!! I was so sad for her!! So that was awkward. 

But don't worry that week got better!!! :)

We met with the Relief Society President, who is amazing!! She had us over for dinner and found out that we had no food so sent us home with a lot of stuff. So sweet! We talked to her for a while about the Relief Society ladies and she gave us a lot of less active referrals! We were so excited to have something to do! YAHOO. The Bishop is also amazing and gave us some referrals! We worked hard and prayed hard and God has blessed us!!! 

We were able to contact 9 less active referrals! Most of them were super nice and we were able to set up 5 return appointments! :) and we have 7 new referrals that we can contact this week! 

We were able to find 2 new investigators who are pretty awesome! And about 30 potentials! There are seriously so many people in this area who are prepared!!

The biggest miracle of the week happened on Sunday!! So when we left our apartment we said a prayer pleading to God to help us find a new investigator who is prepared and willing to keep commitments. We went to ward correlation, then ward council then when we were walking into the sacrament meeting room the YW President came up to us and told us that there was a girl who just walked into the building for church!! WHAT!!!! So we went up and introduced ourselves and got to know her! Her name is Elizabeth and she's from El Salvador (holla to Tia and Ryan). She moved here by herself a little less than a year ago and has a boyfriend here. She was very religious back home but hasn't been to church here until Sunday! She lives near the church and just came in!! She loved sacrament meeting but had to leave after. But the good news is she met a lot of the Spanish sisters in the ward and we have an appointment with her on Thursday! Yahoo. We are bringing one of the Spanish sisters to that lesson! Member Present lessons are always the best! We're so excited about her! GOD HEARS AND ANSWERS PRAYERS! 

Some bad news... There are creepers here in Richmond Hill. We found a cool potential investigator on the street and texted him to invite him to church. This was his response. "Hey... look i'm going to be totally honest. I'm actually not interested in joining any church. I stopped to talk and gave my number because I just thought Sister Dayton was really cute. LOL." BOOOOOO

Some other good news: We walk a lot. The other day we walked over 10K. YAHOO! I love not having a car. But bad news. It's already so cold and it will just get worse. It was -18 and I thought I was going to die then I remembered last February it got down to -40. Cool. HA. get it?

A scripture that's really helped me this week is Isiah 41:10 10 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." So this is embarrassing but I didn't know that verse of "How Firm A Foundation" was quoting Isaiah. But I've always loved that verse so much. And when I read that scripture Wed morning I just felt so at peace. I know that it's true. I know that we aren't alone in this work!! 

Love you all so much!!! And hope you all have a fab week! :)

Sister Dayton 


No comments:

Post a Comment